- Loan Details
- Applicant Eligibility
- System Requirements
- Application Process
- Become an Installer
- Participating Installers
- Total Loan Amount: $5,000 – $30,000
- Interest Rate: 3.9%
- Term: Up to 10 years
- Total Loan cannot exceed 70% of the Total Project Cost
- Delaware Resident
- Homeowner of a single family home or duplex
- Minimum Credit Score of 650
- Maximum Monthly Debt to Income Ratio of 40% (Note: All applicants are required to submit their past four months of paystubs or any other source of income.)
- Any storage capacity has to be priced such that the total system cost does not exceed $3.25/installed watt of generation. This limit is subject to change by the SEU.
- The system must meet the Green Grant Delaware requirements.
- Optimum array orientation is 180°. The program accepts solar arrays oriented between South of due East and South of due West or between 80° and 260° magnetic. Systems installed between 260° and 80° magnetic or North of due East and North of due West are not eligible for a Green Energy Program Grant.
- Optimum array tilt is equal to the latitude at the installation site. However, the program accepts array tilt parameters as specified by the module manufacturer which may allow for tilts greater than and less than latitude.
- Arrays shall be installed such that the array has a minimum of six (6) hours of unobstructed sunshine daily inclusive of solar noon. A “solar window” of eight (8) hours of unobstructed sunshine is preferred. The installing contractor shall perform a “Solar Shade Analysis” to ensure the array meets the minimum daily sunshine requirements. Results of the solar shade analysis must determine that 70% of the annual solar path’s area is shade free to be considered for a grant.
Applications can be completed online by the homeowner at www.GreenGrantDelaware.com. The application has two parts, initial and final. After Part I is submitted, applicants will receive an eligibility letter via email. If approved, the solar project may begin. Applicants must begin their installation within three months of the acceptance. Once installation is complete, the applicant must complete Part II. Part II must be completed within six months.
Click Application Example – Energize Delaware to view a sample application.
*Approved Applicants: After Part II documents have been submitted and reviewed, the applicant will receive a notice via email. Once funds have been dispersed to the installer, the homeowner will begin their loan repayment the following month. Homeowners can opt for paper or electronic statements.
Participating Installers will pay an initiation fee of $100 and their status will be checked with the Better Business Bureau as well as providing their state licensing information.
Click here to complete an Contractor Registration.
How Installers Get Paid: After all Part II documents are submitted and reviewed, funds will be dispersed directly to the installer.
Click here for a list of Participating Installers.
For a larger view, click here.
|Advanced Solar Heating and Cooling of MD||NR||Solar Installation for those wishing to own their systems. Heating and A/C contractor as firstname.lastname@example.org||(302) 731-1000|
|Alutech United Inc DBA Green Street Solar||A+||Green Street Solar is devoted to providing grid-tied solar electric systems to houses and small businesses. We are a dedicated team of professionals that understands the needs of homeowners and small business property owners. Since 2008 our pledge has been to make DE and MD a greener place, one street at a time.||Greenstreetsolar.com||Derek@ecshutters.com||(302) 297-8174|
|Clean Energy USA||A+||Owned by Schell Brothers – originally was Delaware Renewable Energy back in 2007. Clean Energy USA has been in business for 10 years and have 1,000 installs commercial and email@example.com||(302) 227-1337|
|CMI Solar & Electric, Inc.||A+||Electrical Contracting and Solar Installationfirstname.lastname@example.org||(302) 731-5556|
|Eco Solar Solutions||NR||We are a local solar energy contractor. We take great pride in our work and customer relations. We will provide you with a top quality installation at a fair price with no sales pressure. We look forward to working with email@example.com||(302) 893-0073|
|KW Solar Solutions, Inc||A+||As a local family owned business KW Solar Solutions has been installing residential and commercial solar in DE, MD and PA since 2003. KW Solar’s mission is to provide state-of-the-art solar panels and solar power installation to our customers. We work hard to give you top-quality sales assistance, design consultation, customer service and follow-up – to make sure you get the most out of solar power’s many firstname.lastname@example.org||(302) 838-8400|
|Liberty Electric, Inc||NR||We are a solar installer. We are also an electrical contractor and employ licensed electricians. Liberty Electric has been in business since 1980.||LIBERTYELEC@MSN.COM||(410) 275-9200|
|Paradise Energy Solutions, LLC||A+||Paradise Energy Solutions is a family-owned, full service solar installation company that provides turnkey grid-tied solar installations throughout the mid-Atlantic region for businesses, farmers and homeowners.||paradisesolarenergy.com||rgulledge@paradise|
|Sunrise Solar, Inc||NR||We are a company specializing in commercial, agricultural, and residential. In that order. Our largest job is 500 Kw and our smallest is 4 kw. We use our own crew for installations and local electricians for the electrical. We have been in business for 7 email@example.com||(443) 480-8079|
|Trinity Heating & Air Inc., DBA Trinity Solar||A+||Trinity Solar is a family owned company with headquarters in New Jersey. Known throughout the renewable energy community as the largest privately held solar integrator, Trinity prides itself on a consistent message to our clients and our employees. We always do the right thing. We have 1500 employees focused on treating every customer like they are family. Trinity installs in NJ, PA, NY, CT, MD, MA and RI.||firstname.lastname@example.org||(732) 780-3779|